>Personal Health >STD
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
The clinic is on a walk in first come first served basis only.
Test Results are given during clinic hours.
Picture ID required for service
The Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Program works to control transmission through four major avenues:
- Education of at risk persons on the modes of disease transmission and the means for reducing the risk of transmission by changing sexual behaviors
- Detection of infection in persons without symptoms, and those who are who are unlikely to seek diagnostic and treatment services.
- Diagnosis and treatment of persons who are infected.
- Evaluation, treatment and counseling of sex partners of persons with a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).
The Orange County Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Program has grown in response to the increased population and the large number of infected persons it serves. Reportable Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) are submitted to the Department of Health by private and public labs and treatment facilities per Florida Statutes.
The staff works with providers to:
- Confirm treatment and assist in follow-up of infected persons and their sex partners.
- Provide diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) including: syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and others.
- Provide surveillance and follow-up on possible cases of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Provide partner counseling and referral services
- Provide HIV & AIDS testing locations