>Environmental Health >Indoor Air >Mold
Molds are types of fungi that grow in the natural environment. Tiny particles of mold can be found everywhere in indoor and outdoor air. Mold needs moisture to grow. Indoors molds are commonly found anywhere where humidity levels are high. Moisture can come from:
- Overflow from sinks, toilets, tubs
- Condensation on or around windows
- Leaks in roofs, walls, and floors
- Indoor plumbing leaks and broken water pipes
- Outdoor sprinkler spray hitting walls
- Indoor fire sprinklers
- Poor venting of kitchen and bathroom moisture
- House plants
- Air Conditioning units not working properly or poorly maintained
The Orange County Department of Health Indoor Air Program is here to assist you by:
- Providing technical assistance and advice on issues relating to mold
- Providing information and other resources on mold and moisture control.
We do not provide mold testing.
If you suspect that you have a mold problem or would like more information please call us at: 407-521-2630.